Wednesday 10 November 2010

A ratting carrier in top belt?

Yep you read that right, a ratting carrier in top belt in low sec. Last Monday afternoon Jayde was out and about when she called a small gatecamp nearby in Gultraten from Mean coalition. I quickly undocked my Curse and burned over as Jayde got aggressed on the gate. As soon as I landed things went hot. Jayde got tackled in her Cane by a Crusader, Jaguar and a Zealot. We primed the zealot as I set my neuts to work on everything there. Almost immediately after seeing my curse the Zealot started to MWD away and ran as fast as he could. He was heavily cap boosting because even with 2 neuts running on him he was still very fast, but not as fast as my Curse. I had this and then Jayde called that she had burned out her guns. Not good. But still, Curse vs Zealot is a done deal, right? Well normally I would agree. I had however also forgot to stop overloading something, namely my warp disruptor. With the zealot at half armor it gave way and I was left looking befuddled at my UI telling me the zealot had warped off. Oh well was fun and we move on. Both the frigs has also bailed with the zealot now out, so I warped to station to rep my mods.

I docked and repped my mods when Jayde suddenly called out on comms. She had warped of the gate to top belt and found a carrier sitting there. She quickly bugged off again since her guns were still burnt out, but I couldn’t resist. I undocked and headed to the top belt. Sure enough there it was, an Archon carrier and it was actually salvaging an NPC wreck. I could not resist. Point on the Archon and I called jayde to get back here as fast as possible with repped guns. At the same time I shouted at the Mean gang in local. Only 5 seconds after I was convoed by the Mean fc and the game was on. They were burning to reship into something to actually kill the carrier while I kept kiting the fighters as best I could while holding point. Jayde in the mean time was having problems as her mods went offline after she undocked and she needed to redock to online them again. As the minutes past by Mean finally showed back on the field again. A crusader of theirs got point on the carrier and I tried to bug out. It was too late for the Curse though and it died after sustaining too much damage from the fighters. I hurried to reship into something with more firepower while Mean started pounding on the carrier. After a quick refit to my Abaddon I was back on the field and introducing the carrier to my lasers. I had brought Del over as well since I reckoned we’d need all the firepower we could get. Most of the fighters were popped by the time I got back so the carriers damage was almost gone. With ten people now swarming around it, the carrier began to buckle and soon enough we got a pretty explosion. The carriers fit is horrible and the pilot was too be honest extremely stupid, but damn that was fun. Totally worth losing the Curse to hold point for.

We exchanged pleasantries in local with Mean and split the loot equally. This took a while though since we needed haulers to scoop the fighters, damn those things are big. But still nice kill and some loot with it too. It’s a good day already and its only halfway the afternoon. We had some more fun fights and good kills, like this Scythe Fleet Issue, and some less fun fights. Like here where I lost my curse due to not paying proper attention to range. If I had paid more attention we would have bagged a few more kills without any losses, but oh well shit happens. We live to fight another day and always remember: This can only end well!

1 comment: